Our nature recovery for water post will deliver a £1M+ programme of nature-based solutions (NbS) and develop new projects across Sheffield and Rotherham. This will include river restoration and natural flood management work with partners such as the EA, YW, LAs and local communities with the aim of realising nature’s recovery and providing a range of ecosystem services.
|JOB TITLE:||Nature Recovery Manager (Water)|
|Salary:||£34,964.61 per annum (Programme Manager grade)|
+ benefits to include 9% employee pension contribution entitlement
|Hours:||37.5 hours per week|
|Location:||Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust, Stafford Road, Sheffield|
(Flexible blended working from office, home and on site)
|Closing Date:||Friday 2nd June (9am)|
|Interviews:||Monday 19th June|
About the role
As Nature Recovery Manager for Water you will carry out a range of exciting projects to deliver Nature based Solutions (NbS) across Sheffield and Rotherham’s rivers, streams, headwaters and wetlands. You will be developing and delivering water-based programmes including river restoration (RR) and natural flood management (NFM) projects which will also make a real and positive contribution to tackling the Sheffield and Rotherham Nature Emergency.
- Developing and delivering main river restoration schemes in partnership with the Environment
Agency and others.
- Developing and delivering upstream thinking projects around headwaters and streams.
- Supporting the Head of Conservation & Land Management (CLM) and Sheffield Lakeland Landscape Partnership Manager in identifying and securing further funding for water-based programmes.
- Lead on ecological monitoring of the schemes working with partners and others as required.
- Manage community engagement elements of the programmes as required.
- Manage and report on the project’s budget (£150k+ per annum) in accordance with funder’s rules and administer, commit and spend grant monies according to SRWT’s financial guidelines.
- Maintain accurate records of the project’s achievements.
- Line manage staff/volunteers/trainees/student placements as required.
- Manage contractors, including CDM Regs.
- Promote the work of the Wildlife Trust to potential members, partners and funders.
Find out more about Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust and the difference you could make to nature and wildlife at www.wildsheffield.com.
How to apply
To find out more about the role and the experience & skills we are looking for please download the application pack.
To apply please submit an application form (available to download from our website) to: email@example.com
If you have any questions about the post or our recruitment process please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0114 263 4335.
About Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust
Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust is a registered charity and works with the local community towards a better future for wildlife, people and the green spaces we all love. We are also part of a national network of 46 Wildlife Trusts, working together for a better deal for nature and people locally and in the wider world.
Find out more about who we are and what we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust believes that equality, diversity and inclusion is an essential part of what we do and how we achieve our vision for wildlife and nature. Our staff, volunteers, and the communities we work with deserve equality of opportunity, benefit from embracing diversity and thrive in an inclusive environment.
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workplace.
To see a full list of current vacancies with Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust and our community interest company Wildscapes, please see our Jobs page.