Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust are recruiting for a Senior Finance Officer.
|JOB TITLE:||Senior Finance Officer|
|Salary:||£26,102 pa pro rata (Project Officer)|
+ 9% pension contribution entitlement
|Duration:||Permanent subject to funding|
|Location:||Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust, Stafford Road, Sheffield|
|Closing Date:||1st January 2024, midnight|
|Interview Date:||8th January 2024|
About the role
This post will be part of the Finance team helping the Trust to be a well-run organisation. They will report to the part-time Head of Finance & Support Services who focuses on strategic and operational financial management, audited accounts and IT development as well overseeing our Support Services and systems.
The post-holder will manage our Assistant Finance Officer. The focus of activities will be on ensuring the management accounts are kept up to date with quarterly reporting produced in an accurate and timely manner.
This role will be responsible for the management accounting and reporting process, working with the Head of Finance and Support Service to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations. The role will work closely with the Finance & Support Services team, as well as across the organisation, in order to provide excellent financial service that enables the organisation to deliver to our strategy.
- Produce the management accounts and reports, including the development, management and communication of timelines for input and processing of transactions to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Work with the Finance Officer to ensure all transactions are input within required deadlines, including undertaking the following tasks as needed:
– Bank reconciliations
– Processing of supplier orders/invoices
– Processing of staff expense claims
– Processing of bank payments
– Raising customer invoices
– Chasing customer debts
– Uploading of source documentation to Xero software
– Ensuring accurate VAT coding of transactions to feed into quarterly VAT returns.
- Liaise with other key stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure source documentation is received to feed into the management accounting timelines.
- Download income and expenditure transaction reports from Xero accounting system and upload transactional data into income and expenditure templates for budget managers to review. Ensuring data uploaded is accurate and complete as part of this process.
- Ensure budget manager templates, and Xero reports and accounting structures, are reviewed and updated on a regular basis for any changes to allocated accounts, budgets and assigned workflows.
- Liaise with budget managers to ensure that they are fully supported in understanding and completing quarterly financial reporting templates by assigned deadlines.
- Work with the Head of Finance & Support Services to agree, develop and deliver the month end close down processes and deadlines required to feed into the production of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Produce and communicate financial process documents to staff to ensure they understand requirements and deadlines.
- Work with the Head of Finance & Support Services to record financial procedures (e.g. intranet, Finance Handbook), including account logins
How to apply
For further information and to apply please download the application pack below and return your completed application to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the post or our recruitment process please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0114 263 4335.
About Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust
Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust is a registered charity and works with the local community towards a better future for wildlife, people and the green spaces we all love. We are also part of a national network of 46 Wildlife Trusts, working together for a better deal for nature and people locally and in the wider world.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust (SRWT) believes that equality, diversity and inclusion is an essential part of what we do and how we achieve our vision for wildlife and nature. Our staff, volunteers, and the communities we work with deserve equality of opportunity, benefit from embracing diversity and thrive in an inclusive environment. We value diversity in our workplace.
We know that SRWT does not reflect the ethnic diversity in the local community and would welcome applications from Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates.
To see a full list of current vacancies with Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust and our community interest company Wildscapes, please see our Jobs page.