Centenary Riverside, Rotherham
You don't have to travel far to be inspired by the wonders of nature. Some of Europe's most beautiful and important wildlife is right here on your doorstep. Every year, Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust helps people get closer to nature.
Living Landscapes is a national conservation project at the heart of the Wildlife Trusts’ vision. It co-ordinates our action nationwide by reconnecting habitats and working with nature to provide the essential ecosystem services that we all depend on for life.
In Sheffield and Rotherham everything we do is working towards that vision…
• We manage 12 nature reserves, from large moorland areas of international importance to small city centre nature parks
• Staff and volunteers regularly carry out wildlife-friendly conservation and land management work, and have an input into waterway regeneration along Sheffield’s network of streams, rivers and canals
• The education team works to engage children and young people in environmental issues by running outdoor play projects and providing education opportunities at our nature reserves and other green spaces across the city
• Wildlife Watch gives children aged 8 to 12 a way to find out more about their local environment in a fun and exciting way. Activities include: tree planting, nest box building, art projects and wildlife surveys
• We engage the community with our work via a wide range of events including: play activities in the park, practical conservation work days, guided walks, photography workshops and a programme of food and healthy living development. We also provide an excellent range of individual volunteering opportunities and team-building days for corporate clients.
We are a registered charity and depend on the generous support of our members and other donors to carry out our vital work.