Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust is a registered charity and works with the local community towards a better future for wildlife, people and the green spaces we all love. We are also part of a national network of 46 Wildlife Trusts, working together for a better deal for nature and people locally and in the wider world.
We are always looking for passionate, dedicated and resourceful people to join us. If you have an interest in nature conservation issues and a passion for the values of Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust, we would love to hear from you. Our vacancies will be published on this page as and when they become available. If you would like to speak to us about our vacancies, please use the contact details listed in the vacancy information.
We’re always looking for new volunteers to join us too. View our volunteering information for details of current volunteering opportunities at the Trust.
HR / Operations Manager
£27,589 per annum (full time)
Full or part time options can be considered
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust is one of 46 Wildlife Trusts working to make the United Kingdom a better place for people and wildlife. We are supported by nearly 6,000 members and hundreds of local volunteers.
In order to develop our staff and volunteers, we are seeking a self-motivated HR professional to take on the new role of HR / Operational Manager. Due to the nature of our work, we are especially keen to hear from people who have experience in ensuring compliance, managing health & safety procedures and improving the environmental performance of facilities and support services.
The HR / Operations Manager will lead and manage the Support Service Team. The range of activities will be diverse as you will be responding to a busy operational environment.
You will develop and lead the effective delivery of our Support Services including human resources, facilities management and health & safety at work. This role will also be responsible for ensuring the Trust complies with relevant legislation, good practice and our own policies and procedures in HR, H&S and Data Protection.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience of managing operations / support services for a small-medium sized organisation.
- Previous experience in a HR focused role, ideally with a CIPD qualification or working towards this.
- Experience of leading, advising and supporting staff in HR and Employment procedures, including recruitment, training, performance management, disciplinary & grievance.
- Experience in developing policies and procedures across HR, health & safety and data protection/ management and ensuring compliance.
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Office.
- A calm, tactful, diplomatic and courteous personality.
- An interest in and enthusiasm for nature and the work of the Trust.
Closing date: Friday 4 December 2020
Virtual interviews will be held on: 14th/17th December 2020