Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust is a registered charity and works with the local community towards a better future for wildlife, people and the green spaces we all love. We are also part of a national network of 46 Wildlife Trusts, working together for a better deal for nature and people locally and in the wider world.
We are always looking for passionate, dedicated and resourceful people to join us. If you have an interest in nature conservation issues and a passion for the values of Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust, we would love to hear from you. Our vacancies will be published on this page as and when they become available. If you would like to speak to us about our vacancies, please use the contact details listed in the vacancy information.
We’re always looking for new volunteers to join us too. View our volunteering information for details of current volunteering opportunities at the Trust.
Natural Neighbours Casual Community Wildlife Assistant
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust
Job Reference No: CELNN1920
Salary: £8.51 per hour plus £1.03 per hour holiday pay (APO)
Hours: Casual Contract – Zero Hours
Location: The role will be based at our office 37 Stafford Road, Sheffield, but delivery and activities will be delivered at locations across Rotherham
Application deadline: Monday 23rd September 2019 at 9am
Natural Neighbours is an exciting project funded for five years by National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund to deliver activities which enable communities in Rotherham to use, enjoy, improve and reclaim green spaces.
The role will be based at our office in Stafford Road, Sheffield with delivery and activities delivered across four sites in Rotherham:
Sandhill Park, Rawmarsh;
Boston Park, near Canklow;
Eldon Road Recreation Ground, near Eastwood.
We are looking for enthusiastic and engaging people to provide support to the Natural Neighbours project team at busy periods throughout the year. The role will involve leading or supporting environmental play sessions, family events and small scale projects engaging young people in youth work with a focus on the environment. We need someone who understands the needs of the diverse communities around Rotherham and has the drive to encourage the local community to get involved with and improve their local green spaces
The ideal person will:
– Be highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and resilient
– Flexible to work evenings and weekends as required particularly during the summer months
– Be empathetic and mindful of the needs of others
Have a good understanding of the diverse communities across Rotherham.
– Have a non-judgemental approach and a commitment to supporting people in difficult circumstances.
– An enthusiasm and personal commitment to the work of the Sheffield and
Rotherham Wildlife Trust.
– Be enthusiastic and understanding.
The ideal person will also be required to work with the Natural Neighbours project office, Outdoor learning team, community partners and RMBC to:
– Help to deliver small scale capital improvements on the sites to make them more welcoming.
– To help plan and deliver a short programme of workshops to support children, young people and families to engage in the project, including working with the Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife trust outdoor learning team to deliver wild play and family events and support sessions with schools, children and young people.
– To assist on planning and delivering walks, talks and workshops to inform local people about local wildlife and their natural neighbours, tailoring to the needs of the community.
– Support local volunteers to engage in the project and take some ownership of these greenspaces and continue with their upkeep.
– To ensure monitoring and reporting is completed in line with the project guidelines.
The successful candidate will be required to have an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information or an informal chat about the position please contact Owen Hodgkinson, Natural Neighbours Engagement Officer on 0114 263 4335.
To apply please download the application pack below. Or call 0114 2634335 to request an application pack, or write to Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust, 37 Stafford Road, Sheffield, S2 2SF.
No C.V’s or agencies please.
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust aims to make sure all staff, volunteers and service users have free access to accurate and impartial information, advice and guidance on training, education and career progression.
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Title: Local Fundraiser
Salary: £10 per hour during 2 week Trial Period, then freelance/self employed/seasonal (Mar-Oct) with generous rate of commission.
Closing date: Applications accepted all year round. To start ASAP, but start date negotiable.
Mature applicants welcome
• Would you like to help the Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust achieve its aim of finding new members and additional funding in your local area and beyond?
• Would you like to earn some extra income by doing something that you really believe in?
• Do you enjoy walking exercise?
• Do you have your own transport?
• Do you have around 15 hours a week to spare, primarily during weekday evenings?
Using the unique “Soft Approach” method. There is no selling or persuading involved.
You will be working for FMR Solutions Ltd, a well-established specialist wildlife charity membership recruitment agency, on behalf of the Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust.
Typically, the work is seasonal, from March until the end of October. However, some of our Local Fundraisers also work through the winter months.
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust is registered with the Fundraising Regulator (FR) and adheres to its standards.
To apply via FMR Solutions Ltd site https://www.fmrsolutions.co.uk/Apply_Now.aspx