Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust is a registered charity and works with the local community towards a better future for wildlife, people and the green spaces we all love. We are also part of a national network of 46 Wildlife Trusts, working together for a better deal for nature and people locally and in the wider world.
We are always looking for passionate, dedicated and resourceful people to join us. If you have an interest in nature conservation issues and a passion for the values of Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust, we would love to hear from you. Our vacancies will be published on this page as and when they become available. If you would like to speak to us about our vacancies, please use the contact details listed in the vacancy information.
We’re always looking for new volunteers to join us too. View our volunteering information for details of current volunteering opportunities at the Trust.
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust are recruiting for a Volunteer Co-ordinator.
Salary: £25,291 per annum full time (4 or 5 days/week dependent on the right candidate) + 9% pension contribution
Location: Home Working/Victoria Hall, Stafford Road, Sheffield, S2 2SF, (see job description for more details)
Job Reference: VCO20
Application deadline: Friday 9th October 2020, 5pm
Interviews: 20th October 2020 (we anticipate these will be on zoom or similar software)
The purpose of this role is to develop and lead the Trust’s community support and volunteer offer across a broad range of activities, including practical conservation, ecological data collection, ranger tasks, office tasks, advocacy, communications, outdoor learning and family engagement.
To champion and promote volunteering across the organisation and externally, seeking out new volunteer opportunities and reaching out to new audiences as well as existing volunteers and community groups.
- Develop and lead the Trust’s volunteer offer, supporting and co-ordinating volunteer managers across the Trust to ensure that our volunteers have a positive and enjoyable experience.
- Line manage and support the Community Wildlife Rangers to provide a volunteer offer of practical conservation and engagement activities that supports the biodiversity aims on our Nature Reserves.
- Work with the More Data for Nature team, supporting their volunteer offer in relation to ecological monitoring on our Nature Reserves and partner sites.
Establish and manage a Volunteer Ranger Service across our Nature reserves and partnership sites.
- Work with the Trust’s Advocacy, Engagement and Membership teams, to develop and lead the Trust’s community support offer, responding to group and individual requests to set up new projects and activities eg friends of groups, campaigns, species projects.
- Lead, develop and champion the Trust’s volunteer management policies and procedures, ensuring the Trust is compliant with relevant legislation, best practice and our own policies & procedures.
- Working with the Senior Admin Support Officer, ensure all volunteer enquiries are responded to, providing excellent customer service. Oversee the processing of volunteer and community group information and data, including relevant health and emergency contact details, to ensure data capture and data protection.
- Working across all teams, identify and develop new volunteering opportunities to support the Trust’s activity. Promote the Trust’s volunteering offer, actively engaging with diverse and hard-to-reach audiences to remove barriers to participation.
- Working across teams, with community groups and partners, develop volunteer projects and opportunities and seek additional funding with the Trust’s Fundraising Officer.
- Provide volunteer managers with structured induction and training in how to work with volunteers, including challenging volunteers.
- Support volunteers and community groups to develop a broader relationship with the Trust, including promoting membership.
- Manage the budget for volunteer expenses, adhering to the Trust’s financial procedures.
Application packs are available to download below, Or by email email@example.com
Or Phone: 0114 263 4335
To discuss the role further please contact Roy Mosley on 07341 560 288
When you request an application pack please state where you saw this post advertised.
Application Pack Below
No CVs, no agencies