Volunteering with us is a great way to gain skills and experience in conservation or simply contribute to the protection and enhancement of wildlife in your local area.
We welcome enquiries from anyone across the local community, regardless of background or experience. For more information about any of the roles here please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0114 263 4335. You can also find Volunteer Work Days and Reserve Advisory Group/User Forum meetings coming up near you on our events page.
If you are interested in applying for any of our regular volunteering opportunities just complete the application form at the bottom of the page, and either email it to email@example.com or post it to us at:
Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust
37 Stafford Road
Read on for more on the opportunities available, including practical conservation volunteering, office or events-based volunteering and opportunities for corporate groups to get involved.
Non-Executive Director (Volunteer)
Wildscapes is an environmental consultancy and a social enterprise, offering high quality environmental, ecology and landscape services to our customers and delivering benefits for wider society and the natural environment for over 15 years.
We are currently looking for a Non-Executive Director (unpaid) to join our CIC Board to help drive and guide our consultancy going forwards.
We are keen to hear from you if you share our passion for the environment and nature and can bring your experience, expertise and networks to help lead our strategic development in one or more of the following areas:
• Commercial experience in development, land management, ecological and environmental services or landscape architecture
• New business generation ,tendering and contract delivery
• Consultancy or contract management
• Social enterprise and business development
You will also need to demonstrate an interest in and enthusiasm for the work of the Consultancy and be able to commit to attending 5 Board meetings a year as well as additional input to specific business development activity.
For more information please contact Liz Ballard (Consultancy Director) on firstname.lastname@example.org or Jon Goodrick (Consultancy Manager) on 0114 2792667.
To apply please send an Expression of Interest and a CV to email@example.com for the attention of Liz Ballard.
You can access the Becoming a Non-Executive Director role description HERE
To find out more about Wildscapes Consultancy visit www.wildscapes.co.uk
Wildscapes Consultancy is a social enterprise wholly owned by Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust, a registered charity. Profits generated from the Consultancy support the Trust’s work throughout Sheffield and Rotherham. Please see www.wildsheffield.com for more information.
We offer a wide range of practical conservation volunteering opportunities suitable for anyone, regardless of experience or availability – as long as you’re passionate!
- Volunteer Work Days, held monthly at our nature reserves across Sheffield and Rotherham. They are the perfect option for those looking for less of a commitment, and a great way to get some fresh air, get closer to wildlife, and help improve our local green spaces. Take a look at our events page for a Volunteer Work Day near you.
- Practical conservation volunteering with our Monday to Friday team, for those looking to join a regular group and commit to volunteering on a regular basis. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0114 263 4335.
- Voluntary Assistant roles, such as Volunteer Land Management Assistant and Volunteer Community Wildlife Ranger, for those with some experience, looking to make a bigger commitment and gain practical experience or start developing a career in the environmental sector. For more information email email@example.com or call us on 0114 263 4335.
Our volunteers are a friendly, welcoming bunch and the Trust’s knowledgeable, supportive staff will be on site to welcome you.
Other volunteering roles
- Reserve Advisory Group and User Forum meetings, which local residents can attend to find out more about how the Trust manages its nature reserves, ask questions and give input. We love to hear your opinions and ideas, so keep an eye on our events page for the next meeting taking place near you. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0114 263 4335.
- Office-based or events-based volunteering, for those who would like to help out with administrative tasks in the office, or offer support at local events or help us to raise much-needed funds. We’re looking for people who are organised, friendly, outgoing and helpful, and can offer as many or as few hours as you like. We’re happy to work around the time commitment volunteers are prepared to make. This is a great way to gain experience and make new friends. For more information email email@example.com or call us on 0114 263 4335.
- Volunteer Living Landscape Assistant roles, based at our head office, for those willing to volunteer with us for two to three days a week for a minimum of three months. This opportunity may suit those with a placement requirement as part of a university course, and will include assisting the Nature Reserve Managers in the delivery of management plans for each reserve, including helping set up and deliver projects and funding bids. There are also opportunities to help the Community Wildlife Rangers and get involved with practical conservation. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0114 263 4335.
Corporate groups, groups of work colleagues who are passionate about the wildlife and natural environment of Sheffield and Rotherham and would like to celebrate by getting a little closer to nature. We offer nature-themed workshops, bushcraft experiences or corporate team-building days to suit your requirements. Contact Chris Grice on email@example.com with your group’s details, including numbers, available dates, and the type of experience you’re looking for, and we’ll sort out the perfect team event for you!
Alternatively, if your company joins Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust as a corporate member, a team event for your staff may be one of the range of benefits you receive. See our corporate membership page for more.
For more conservation volunteer opportunities visit conservationjobs.co.uk