Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust Photography Competition 2022
Would you like to appear in our very first Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust calendar 2023? Our photography competition has launched and is now open for entries!
If you think you’ve captured the beauty of Sheffield and Rotherham’s wildlife or wild places, or have taken an image that will inspire a love of the natural world, then complete our entry form and send us your photos!
Twelve lucky photographers will win an A4 space in our 2023 calendar and a copy of the calendar to proudly display. All entries will be judged by an judging panel including external guests to help us make those difficult decisions!
So whether you’re out and about on one of our nature reserves, in one of our towns, exploring the local countryside, or even in your own garden, keep your phone or camera handy to capture the action!
Closing date for entries: 31st July (Winners will be contacted in August & announced in our members’ magazine, social & local media)
There are two ways to enter:
- You can upload your entry directly here
- Use WeTransfer.com or a similar file-sharing site to send your entries plus your entry form to email@example.com
- Do no harm – the welfare of the wildlife and the wild places always comes first
- Don’t get too close – let birds feed their young, move on if they’re agitated or calling ‘at you’
- Watch your feet – stay on paths (or within designated areas), don’t trample flowers to reach more flowers
- Know the law – familiarise yourself with protected species and the laws that protect them
- Know the lure – don’t use recordings to attract birds, they can disrupt the behaviour and risk the lives of chicks
Terms and conditions
*All images must be high-resolution in landscape orientation.
*All photos must be taken in the Sheffield and Rotherham area.
*If you are under the age of 16 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent or guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
*Photographs must not have won an award in any other photographic competition.
*By submitting images to the Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust Photography Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust
*By submitting an image to the Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust Photography Competition you are consenting to us using your images in print and online with author credit including use in our magazine, website, social media channels and calendar.
*We value your support and do not pass on information about you to any group or individual outside the Wildlife Trusts. If you are not on our email subscription list, we will not automatically contact you about future photography competitions. If you wish to receive regular updates from Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust by email, please sign up via our website.
Email entry form