Are you taking action for nature within your community? Want to find out what people are doing in your area? The Community Action Map is for you!
About the Community Action Map
The aims of this Community Action for Nature map are:
- To capture the amazing work that individuals and communities are doing at the local level.
- To enable people to see what is going on in their local area and how you could get involved.
- For groups and individuals to see how your actions are contributing to targets such as 30% of land and water great for nature by 2030.
- To make it easier for people to see that you are part of a community taking action across Sheffield and Rotherham.
The map can capture:
- Area- based habitat actions including habitat creation and maintenance
- Specific actions for species such as birds, hedgehog
- Details of local community groups
- Upcoming events to get involved with
This is a new map and needs populating!
Looking for ideas on what you can do within your area? Find out how you can take action for nature within your community at our Nature Recovery Toolkit.
The Community Action Map is currently a ‘beta version’ and will evolve based on user feedback. It has been initially tested with a few groups but now needs more local groups in Sheffield to test it further and feedback any comments or suggestions!
We will be rolling out to individuals in Sheffield and Rotherham in the upcoming phases.
Watch the introduction video below and then populate your data onto the map! Let us know how you get on via the feedback form below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Action Map Feedback
Have any comments or suggestions for the Community Action Map? Add your feedback now:
Join your local Nature Recovery group
Find out more about Nature Recovery Sheffield and Nature Recovery Rotherham.